The Late Miso's Epitaph

Saturday, October 07, 2006

The Upper Class Home

It's never been so clear to me as today, when I came home to the sprawling green of our new large house plant, that what defines ones social status more than anything (even avoidance of the 100 yen shop) is a large house plant.

Sure everyone has a little cactus or mini-potted shrubberiesk leafy-thing or two occupying some of the shelves of their apartment, but it's when you intentionally go out and look for something green to live in your house, that takes up as much space as a human (albeit in this case a midget), that you finally can say "Wow, I'm living life crazy in the fast lane!"

Once you have a large house plant, the next thing you know you'll be wearing leather pants to work, driving a Ferrari, and possibly even ironing your shirts before leaving the house. While I'm not quite there yet (certainly not the ironing part) I feel I am stepping forward into the larger world that is, large-house-plants-in-home! I encourage all of you to try the same.

3 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We've got a plant sitting by the back door that's almost as tall as you.. But it was a gift, so I guess that doesn't really count, does it?

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Graham said...

Is it inside, or outside the back door?

 
At 3:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's inside, right in the corner, enjoying the full sun. (Actually, given this is Belgium, you could say that it would be enjoying the full sun should it ever poke through the clouds)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home