The Late Miso's Epitaph

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Schools Out!

Well today is my last day of work this year! If you’re getting excited because it’s only March, I will remind you once again that the Japanese school (work and everything else in fact) begins in April. Nonetheless, I am entering into a two week holiday! YEAH!

Grandma and Grandpa (as I can now call them) are coming over to meet Fuzuki for the first time. They’ll be staying for a couple of weeks. I have some projects lined up for them so they can earn there room and board. For my mom: sewing. I have put on an inch at the waste since becoming a father. Yes, I know that no one in Canada will believe me when I say that the original “Bean Pole Boy” is actually having trouble fitting into his pants! (Luckily I was so skinny when I bought all my clothes that I had to buy a bigger size and have the waist taken in. Now I just have to get it taken out.)

Also, (and she doesn’t know this yet) my mom will be making a swimsuit for Fuzuki. As for my Dad: Hmm… let’s see… Ah hah. He is a project carpenter, and so we’ll be getting him to spend some time at the hardwood store with power tools making some new furniture for us.

Anyways. That’s the plan.

2 Comments:

At 4:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice ideas to put the parents to work - mine are coming over for four weeks in June/July, so I'll have to figure out a couple of things for them to do too.

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Graham said...

Try having them sing baby songs and make goofy play games, while you take a nap. That's quite releiving.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home