The Late Miso's Epitaph

Monday, September 20, 2010

Net Book

Well I managed to get two and a half years out of my Dell laptop. Not bad considering the hurried (and poor) state I was in when I purchased it. It has treated me fairly well considering the amount of use it gets (4 times a week on the train school and back). But it’s been getting very heavy, a lot slower, and VERY HOT for the last year or so. I managed to wait out an extra year longer than I thought I would with it, but I finally gave in, when everyone around me seemed to be treating themselves.

My new machine: You can google the Acer Aspire 1410 netbook I just bought if you want more info on it, but here are the basics of my new PC. It’s a netbook, not a notebook, but I got an external DVD player/burner for just $60 and now I won’t have to carry that wait around with me every day. It’s got an 11.6 inch screen which is a lot bigger than most netbooks, and a full size keyboard (for my giant hands). It gets about 6.5 hours battery life which kills on my previous 2 hours I was down to with the Dell. Most importantly however, it’s about 1/2 of the weight. This is huge consider I walk to and from train stations to get to my house and to get to work.

So far nothing about this book has upset me yet… but stay tuned, I’m sure that something will pop up!


PS the Dell is still in use at home with the superheating battery removed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home