The Late Miso's Epitaph

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The Ugly Duckling

Well I'm still alive, kickin', and eating dinner. So it looks like the whole "last supper" scenario didn't turn out. Those of you dissapointed to hear that, you should be ashamed of yourself! (hehe)

The school is a small (400 students) relatively quiet place that runs like most other schools I've been at have. I still haven't met all the students yet, so maybe there is a crazy class somewhere in the mix. Also things usually don't get too crazy until the fall and winter semesters so there's still time for true inner city violence (hehe) but for the time being I'm actually quite enjoying my stay. Stay tuned.

2 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear :)
Here's a suggestion if things get out of hand. My highschool home room teacher used to alternate between these to strategies to gain attention and respect:

1) Grab a meter stick and break it across a desk. (pros: looks impressive. cons: you might kill a student with wood shards)

2) Get an an old tube from a bike tire and fill half of it with sand. Whip that baby against a desk. (pros: insanely loud. cons: i seem to remember my teacher breaking the corner off a desk one time)

Anyway, my homeroom learned when to be quiet pretty quick ;)

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger Graham said...

word! Japan is an old tire tube factory man! I ride by 5 or 10 junked bikes everyday.

I'm on it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home