The Late Miso's Epitaph

Monday, January 09, 2006

What is Miso?


For those of you wondering what Miso is... it's a Japanese soup. It's also the name of my departed, dear pet turtle. Miso was with me for my first 3 years in Japan.

He is best known for going 6 months without food, escaping his bowl by climbing a house plant, playing dead, and for his work for the peaceful termination of the apartheid regime and for laying the foundations for a new democratic South Africa.

(Above: Miso takes on 3 pirates twice his size!)

Anyways, leaving Miso to be, let's get on to me. A lot of people (Scott and Carrie) had been complaining to me about a lack of emails recently (the past 8 months) and in truth my delivery of group mails certainly had slowed down. After almost 3 1/2 years in Japan the pressure to deliver zany, waggish, rib-tickling (or other words meaning "funny" looked up in a thesaurus) mails has really put my jocular (also used the thesaurus here) character in an arduous position.

The answer: No. He didn't really. But It's a good example.
no sorry that's the answer to another question

The answer: Blog. I've been sassed (by Scott) into thinking that Blogs will take the pressure off creating masterfull works of humor everytime. Maybe the pressure will go... or maybe my blog just won't be interesting!!!! WOW what a concept. Read and judge for yourself.

One more advantage of Blogs is it allows everyone the chance to insult me, without their insults going to waste. Like just the other day, Scott (cause I like picking on him) totally burned me, but it went to waste because other people couldn't enjoy the berating he dished out! So go on... slag away... or say something nice too.

Question: Did Scott really do that?

Well hope you keep checking up... and more importantly, hope I keep writing.

3 Comments:

At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so which scott are you referring to, anyway?

 
At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

> so which scott are you referring to, anyway?

hehe, I wasn't the complainer, so I'm assuming it was you.
So what was this awesome burn man?

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Graham said...

to scott and scott,
I like to stretch the imagination of my readers (as I have done now) even though the reality of it may be a little off. Although somewhere in the past 6 years I'm sure those burns have come.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home